According to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ncadv.org), on average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the US. During a year, this equates to more than 10MM women & men. This is a story of healing through forgiveness. This is a story of perseverance, discovery, and forgiveness. In this month of 2022, we become aware of Domestic Violence. Join Danne Smith Mathis and I, as she shares her story and helps to heal a nation.
Breakdown of the Episode:
- 0.35: Welcome
- 1.03: Intro to Danne Smith Mathis
- 2.44: A bit about Lolita E. Walker
- 4.12: Danne Smith Mathis
- 4.20: Shout out to Monica Floyd
- 5.33: Introducing Danne's story
- 8.12: "Girl I Can't Leave Now" - Danne's Letter of why she could not leave her marriage during her domestic violence encounters
- 14.22: Dialogue about Danne's story
- 16.01: Why'd you stay so long Danne?
- 35.56: Be patient and give time - time.
- 56.14: Cocktails & a cheers to each of you
- 58.14: Thanks Danne and help request from Lolita
- 58.44: Women Listeners - This is an invitation to you
- 1.00: Outro
Danne is a co-author of 4 books, including "Celebrating Life Beyond Domestic Violence.” She is a mother and a former homeschooling mother of adult children who Contribute significantly to this planet. She is the grandmother to Aiden and Zakariah and a domestic violence survivor who promotes healing through forgiveness.
However, this is a weighty topic that we will share and help heal from. Our stories are for so many others that hear them and gain strength.
Danne wants to leave you with three key takeaways:
- Forgive so you can begin the healing process because if you don’t, you’ll bleed on people who didn’t cut you.
Don’t be afraid to love yourself.
Don’t fear loving again but next time take your brain with your heart!
To stay connected to Danne:
- Clubhouse! https://www.clubhouse.com/@blackamethyst22?utm_medium=ch_profile&utm_campaign=f461tdYVgPOGfgqeUo28Gg-397688
For anonymous, confidential help 24/7, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE)
Please don't forget to leave a 5-star review, IF you gained anything from this episode. I'd love to read it during the cocktails portion of the upcoming episode. AND, Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your journey,
Lolita E. Walker of lolitawalker.com